A Rich Variety Of Entertaining Activities
Spend a sunny afternoon on Southwold Pier!
There are a wealth of things to do in and around Southwold, here are just a few of the more popular:
- The Southwold to Walberswick ferry runs from Easter to October. The ferry owners also offer one hour river trips along the beautiful Blyth estuary on their motorboat, "Daybreeze".
- Halesworth Golf Club offers a wide range of top class facilities and welcomes golfers of all abilities.
- The Electric Picture Palace in Southwold is a rather special bijou cinema (70 seats and an organ) which shows a wide range of films. Become a member very easily, or visit as a guest of a member, to enjoy the experience.
- Throughout the season there are races and competitions held by Southwold Model Yacht Club, the most impressive of these being the Southwold Model Yacht Regatta. Please note that those wanting to turn up and hire a boat should arrive half an hour before the scheduled start of the regatta.
- The Cut Arts Centre in Halesworth offers a great range of music, drama and films throughout the year. Online booking.
- Watch Live Sport on multiple screens at The White Swan, London Road, Halesworth.
- Valley Farm near Halesworth, offers a heated indoor swimming pool available for private hire by arrangement.
- Southwold Golf Club is Southwold's own 9–hole golf course. Also open to non-members and visitors to enjoy their facilties.
- The Blythweb Calendar is regularly updated and has details of all kinds of events in the area.
- See also the 'Places to Go' area of our links section.
For a more detailed listing of local activities check out the
Blyth Valley "Things to Do" Listings